Walks are on Saturdays and start outside St Michael’s Church at 9am unless otherwise indicated by the leaders of the individual walks. The walks are graded and most demanding ones have an easier option available.
DEFINITIONS OF GRADES
(these are estimations and may alter after a recce):-
Easy – Fairly flat with mostly good walking surface.
Medium/Moderate – Some ups and downs with tracks/paths; if no close ‘easy’ option the slower people might go part way.
Hard – Hillwalking with significant ups and downs and/or distance. For whatever your challenge.
The Committee is James Ashby, Frankie Hamner, John Hanks and Maureen Douglass who will be pleased to receive suggestions for walks.
TEL: 01436 675541
WALKS January to May 2018
- 12 January Easy – Gartocharn, Duncryne Hill – Frankie 678490 followed by Annual Dinner – Ardencaple – Maureen 674763
- 3 February Easy Moderate – Killearn Circular – John 675010
- 24 February Various – Killin – Frankie Hanmer 678490
- 10 March Various – Lendrick Hill and Stuc Odhar – James 675541
- 24 March Easy – Canal and Antonine Wall – Maureen 674763
- 14 April Moderate Easy – Wood and Crarae Garden – John 675010
- 28 April Moderate – Houston Gryle and Bridge of Weir – Maureen 674763
- 12 May Various – Ben More Gardens and A’Cruach – James 675541
And one for the Diary
The May break in 2018 will be in Pitlochry, 3 nights from the 15th May, separate notice to follow.
And a Thought . . from Isaiah:
“Every valley shall be lifted up and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level”
So there’s hope for us all ! James Ashby